It all started a little over a month ago...crochet madness!
{Let me start off by saying, I was one of those little girls that loved spending time with my Great Grandma & Grandma Bird. They always had amazing stories of growing up. Made me realize even then...that I was born in the wrong era.}
Ok...back to what I was talking about...CROCHETING! I learned how to crochet from the amazing women in my family. Every Fall/Winter I settle into a comfy chair & start crocheting scarves, hats, wraps & so forth. However this year, my brain has been overwhelmed with ideas of creating. I sat down with lots of buttons, yarn & all my crochet needles. The hands just started to go...next thing I knew it was fingerless gloves forming. Long, lean, lovely fingerless gloves. Reminded me of Audrey Hepburn or the lovely ladies of that era wearing long gloves. Sure they are crocheted and not a fine knit...but darn it they look so cute on. I shared them on Facebook & then it went nuts! Some of my friends fell in love with them so much...order requests started flooding in. I have been crocheting them like crazy, one set after the other {super exciting}.
{Let me start off by saying, I was one of those little girls that loved spending time with my Great Grandma & Grandma Bird. They always had amazing stories of growing up. Made me realize even then...that I was born in the wrong era.}
Ok...back to what I was talking about...CROCHETING! I learned how to crochet from the amazing women in my family. Every Fall/Winter I settle into a comfy chair & start crocheting scarves, hats, wraps & so forth. However this year, my brain has been overwhelmed with ideas of creating. I sat down with lots of buttons, yarn & all my crochet needles. The hands just started to go...next thing I knew it was fingerless gloves forming. Long, lean, lovely fingerless gloves. Reminded me of Audrey Hepburn or the lovely ladies of that era wearing long gloves. Sure they are crocheted and not a fine knit...but darn it they look so cute on. I shared them on Facebook & then it went nuts! Some of my friends fell in love with them so much...order requests started flooding in. I have been crocheting them like crazy, one set after the other {super exciting}.

Here we have arrived to Halloween & just finished my last pair of the clustered orders. They are fun, lovely with a hint of sparkle. I thought I would share a picture & my very heart felt thanks to the friends loving them! They are quite the items to make, take a good day for the set. So now that one of my favorite holidays is here, I'm on to my day of enjoying getting ready for a night of fun! Hope everyone has a safe & Spooktacular evening!!
No comments:
Post a Comment